Jane works primarily in mixed media, printmaking and collage. Some of her original contemporary artworks are available for sale and displayed here in Jane’s online gallery. There are also signed limited edition prints available for a selection of the artworks.
Jane is based at the Blue Pig Studio in Carloway, Isle of Lewis in the Western Isles. At the Blue Pig Studio, Jane has a gallery displaying both her own contemporary artworks and those of other local artists. Here in her own studio Jane also teaches art classes enabling others to create their own artworks.
A selection of Solo and Group Exhibitions
- Visual Arts Scotland Exhibition ~ City Gallery, Edinburgh Hall
- Royal Scottish Academy ~ Open Exhibition ~ mixed media pieces of Jane’s print-making were selected
- Royal College of Art
- East Sutherland Arts Society
- Kincardine and Bonar Bridge group exhibition
- Time span Gallery ~ Helmsdale ~ Sutherland
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery
- Grinneas nan Eilean, Stornoway
- An Lanntair, Stornoway
- Seallam, Northton, Harris
- Morven Gallery, Barvas, Lewis
- Dunkeld Cathedral Art Exhibition
- Pitlochry Arts and Crafts Association
- Aberfeldy Gallery, Perthshire
- Border Gallery, Kelso, Roxburghshire
Jane along with her husband Peter and their two sons moved to the Isle of Lewis in the year 2000 and soon afterwards embarked on their ‘Back to Back’ project. The project seeks to forge a viable crofting lifestyle drawing on traditional crofting values whilst encompassing a modern approach. Crofting is based on low impact sustainable farming and land management. Both active crofters Jane and Peter’s croft supports a productive fruit and vegetable garden, rare breed Shetland cattle, a flock of Hebridean sheep, pigs and poultry.